HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in-person at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue, Bayfield
Click here to download an application.
Mail completed applications to: The Bayfield Inn, Attn: HR, P.O Box 810, Bayfield, WI 54814
Scan completed application and email to: [email protected]
Drop off completed applications in-person at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue, Bayfield
Email a cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
The Bayfield Inn is Bayfield's premier lodging and dining establishment located on the shoreline of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Our exclusive downtown location is central to all of Bayfield's gift shops and attractions and within walking distance of the Apostle Islands Cruise Service and Madeline Island Ferry Line. With 21 rooms onsite and 40+ vacation rental options, The Bayfield Inn can accommodate all types of travelers and diners. The Bayfield Inn rooms and restaurant are newly renovated reflecting yesterdays charm with today's amenities. The Bayfield Inn has been serving Bayfield and its visitors for close to 100 years. You will find our staff to be experienced, most courteous, and knowledgeable.
Applicants with experience are strongly encouraged to apply, but we will train the right applicant for certain positions. We offer competitive pay based on experience and a HIGH VOLUME, fun, exciting, and rewarding work environment. Flexible scheduling depending on business needs.
Applicants must like fast-paced, challenging work environments and be available to work weekends & holidays. Basic computer skills, neat appearance, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively are a must!
The Bayfield Inn
Inn Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description
A Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for hiring, leading, training and supervising Housekeeping and Laundry Staff in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This is a full-time position, requiring approximately 5 office hours per week. The position will require you to be available at random times to take care of unforeseen events and issues. Remaining hours in the work week (*around 35 hours per week) are to be filled with general housekeeping duties such as cleaning, laundry and organization to keep up with daily business. The Bayfield Inn Housekeeping Supervisor will work closely with the front desk staff and the outside properties Vacation Rental Housekeeping Supervisor, this position may also require housekeeping assistance outside the hotel when business demands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educates and trains staff on cleanliness, attention to detail, tidiness, and hygiene standards. Explains hotel policies, standards, work procedures, and demonstrates proper use and maintenance of equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA safety and sanitation standards with the housekeeping department.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and assigns staff their duties and inspects for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Supervises housekeeping and laundry staff while performing own housekeeping duties to ensure all jobs are being completed to our high standards and are being finished in a timely fashion.
- Informs front desk staff when rooms have been inspected and are ready for guest check in.
- Completes weekly/monthly staff schedules and arranges for replacements in cases of absence, with an awareness of overtime. All schedules will require coordination and teamwork with the outside properties Vacation Rental Supervisor, as staff is typically global and can work between several properties as needed.
- Has understanding of how everything operates within the guest rooms, windows, televisions, remotes, alarm clocks, heating and cooling, fireplace, whirlpool tubs, etc.
- Examines and ensures rooms and common areas are kept clean and free of hazards. Makes recommendations to management on repairs or replacements if needed.
- Inventories and orders linens, amenities, laundry detergents, and cleaning supplies to maintain adequate levels of all housekeeping supplies and equipment. Issues supplies and equipment to staff.
- Has basic understanding of reservation system, front desk duties, hotel guest policies, and how the hotel operates.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Manage and maintain a system for “lost and found” items, ensuring any guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location. Communicates and sends property back to guest in a timely manner when requested.
- Investigates any complaints regarding housekeeping service or equipment, takes corrective action and keeps management informed.
- Ensures special guest requests are responded to in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Coaches staff in the moment and disciplines when necessary according to hotel policy.
- Meets with management regularly in order to provide progress reports, make suggestions to improve guest experience, and address issues.
- Uphold and enforce company dress code and uniform policy.
- Additional responsibilities as determined by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, attention to detail, passionate about a hygienic work environment.
- Strong supervisory skills with ability to work with all personality types, ability to designate responsibilities, and work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be flexible to work mornings, weekends, and holidays or when needed. Off the clock phone calls and text communications included. Overtime may be required based on business needs but is expected to be kept to a minimum whenever possible. Punctuality and strong work ethic to serve as an example to employees.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, lead, and motivate others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions independently.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs, change goals and direction with stress resistance, and multitask.
- Capable of using independent judgement/solid decision making skills, ability to think critically over housekeeping issues and offer effective solutions.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Must be polite, professional, and open minded at all times, must listen to customer complaints and suggestions and provide constructive feedback to staff.
- Exhibits the self-control to be able to handle difficult people appropriately.
- Performs well under pressure in a sometimes fast paced and chaotic environment.
- Possess basic computer skills and knowledge for the purposes of schedule making, record keeping, and more.
- Ability to perform such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, crouching, walking, sitting, and carrying repetitively and for long periods of time. Stamina to handle physical demands of the job.
Wage & Benefits:
• Pay range from $11.00 to $13.00 per/hour based on experience.
• Health Care premium reimbursement. Requires proof of payment to a bona fide health insurance premium.
• PTO (includes holiday, sick & personal/vacation)
• Incentive card program (details attached).
• Employer pays half of uniform shirt costs.
• Potential end of year bonus based on overall company performance.
You may pick up an application in person at The Bayfield Inn, 20 Rittenhouse Ave.
You may click here to download an application then fill it out and mail it or deliver it in person at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue. No phone calls, please.
Completed applications can be mailed to the address below, emailed to [email protected], or dropped off in-person at 20 Rittenhouse Avenue, Bayfield.
The Bayfield Inn
Attn: Kelly Modra
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 810
Bayfield, WI 54814
Thank-you for your interest, we are looking forward to reviewing your application!